And now for the longest (who knows how many) days of my life, waiting for our little one to come. I'm not quite sure where the last two months went, or why I stopped writing in that time. I guess we just got busy. Busy with preparations, work and showers; busy with life and home remodeling. The bathroom is almost done, the nursery has been complete for a few weeks now. All that's missing is its precious new occupant.
Every morning is filled with eager anticipation as I wonder, will this be the day I get to meet my little boy? While taking walks this week, I've had many contractions, gaining in intensity with each step, but when I stop, so do the contractions. It's an exciting but frustrating guessing game waiting for a baby to come. Yearning to meet him. The due date is still four days away and I know that many first-time moms go late, but I'm hoping beyond hope that that won't be the case for me. I'm also hoping for a natural labor and delivery. Well, I'm doing more than hoping. I'm praying for it.
I've wrapped up all my work projects, packed my hospital bag, washed all of my newborn and 0-3 mos. clothes and organized Gabriel's nursery. Now I just need to tidy up the house so it'll be clean when we bring the baby home. I really can't wait to meet him. I dream about him and wonder what he'll look like (besides having a turned up nose and long limbs, as the ultrasound revealed).
As for me, though my rash went away two weeks after it began, this week has brought with it an overall itchiness (just from over-stretched skin) that I can barely stand. That's another reason I can't wait to have this little boy. I'm itchy, huge (I have to roll out of bed now, lol!) and so tired of being tired. But he's still active as ever and probably super comfy all scrunched up inside me. He likes to stretch out his legs into my ribs and leave me short of breath from pressing on my diaphragm. I do still delight in his movements, but I'll delight even more in him once he's out!
Here's to hoping my little one will come soon (maybe this weekend?). I have a doctor appointment on Monday so if he hasn't come by then, perhaps we'll know more at that time. Hopefully next time I post I'll be introducing everyone to my new little love.
No comments:
Post a Comment